An International Leader in Mergers and Acquisitions
Rankings, league tables and recognition reveal the facts. The more important part of the story is how businesses depend on Dorsey. From well-known multinationals expanding their global brands to family-owned businesses executing exit strategies, dealmakers choose Dorsey for innovation, quality and efficiency. It’s why Dorsey is a global leader in M&A—year after year.
“Well established in the area of midmarket transactions, this firm prides itself on client commitment, and is rewarded with their unswerving loyalty… The firm has also proved itself more than capable of navigating more complex and high-value deals.”
— Chambers USA Guide
Record of Leadership
- Dorsey ranked #6 for the number of announced Mid-Market M&A deals (values up to $500 million) with a U.S. target in 2014 (Thomson Reuters).
- Dorsey ranked #4 for the number of announced Small-Cap M&A deals (values up to $50 million) with a U.S. target in 2014 (Thomson Reuters).
- Dorsey ranked #5 for the number of completed M&A deals with a U.S. target (any size) in 2014 (Thomson Reuters).
- 2014 was the 21st consecutive year that Dorsey ranked in the top 10 among all law firms for the number of U.S. M&A deals completed (Thomson Reuters).
- Dorsey ranked #17 for the number of completed M&A deals worldwide in 2014 (Thomson Reuters).
Quantity, Quality, Depth
Dorsey’s Mergers and Acquisitions Group has accumulated decades of experience, through hundreds of deals, and billions in worldwide transactions. We counsel public and private companies of all sizes, financial sponsors, private equity firms and investment banks. With a solid understanding of both sides of the transaction, the 175+ members of Dorsey’s M&A Group help clients navigate and complete a full range of M&A deals:
- Corporate restructurings
- Cross-border transactions
- Strategic partnerships
- Takeover defense
Legal Counsel From a Business Perspective
Longstanding clients, repeat deal activity and consistent referrals attest to the value that Dorsey M&A attorneys bring to transactions. Clients of all sizes count on Dorsey’s business law expertise to complete truly successful deals. Dorsey’s integrated, team approach covers all the bases:
- Corporate governance and compliance
- Executive compensation and benefits
- Intellectual property protection
- Labor & employment
- Real estate
- SEC investigations
- Securities and finance
- Tax structuring
No matter the size or complexity of your deal, Dorsey’s M&A practice is prepared to help. We execute smooth transactions in a wide variety of industries, including:
- Agriculture and foods
- Banking and financial services
- Consumer services and products
- Media and Entertainment
- Medical devices
- Real estate