- Represented large Southern California Independent Practice Association in contract and business tort dispute with payor.
- Represented an international air carrier in the London Court of International Arbitration and United States courts in connection with a leasing dispute.
- Represented large Southern California Independent Practice Association in dispute with emergency physician groups regarding whether reimbursement for emergency care was “reasonable and customary”.
- Represented golf club manufacturer and designer in class action litigation alleging false and misleading advertising. Obtained defense judgment after one day court trial.
- Represented supermarket chain in nuisance and lease dispute with landlord and other tenants relating to flagship store located in La Jolla shopping center.
- Represented investors in real estate venture in several interrelated disputes, including international arbitration, lawsuits in multiple state courts, and related appeals.
- Represented officers of Chinese shoe manufacturing company in PSLRA case alleging securities fraud against officers. Obtained complete dismissal of the action and was awarded cost of defense attorney fees.
- Represented Chief Financial Officer of former Nasdaq-listed company in a Securities Enforcement Action alleging securities fraud.
- Represented national bank in dispute with securities broker-dealer over appropriate allocation of revenue.
Mr. McGarry also represents employers -- public and private, large and small -- on a variety of labor and employment litigation related issues, including wage and hour claims, Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA) claims; Title VII discrimination and harassment claims; and Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA) claims. Mr. McGarry has also handled complex employment class action litigation in both state court and arbitration.
- Represented clients in wage and hour class action involving claims of failure to pay wages, meal and rest break violations, waiting time penalties, failure to provide adequate wage statements, failure to reimburse expenses and claims for unfair competition raised under Business and Professions Code section 17200 et seq.
- Represented golf course owner in disability discrimination and wrongful termination case. Obtained complete dismissal of the action.
- Represented major fast-food company in age discrimination and breach of contract dispute.
- Represented national manufacturer of satellite components on disability and ERISA litigation.