Dorsey Insurance attorneys have extensive experience in the areas of insurance law and regulation, insurance coverage counseling, and insurance litigation. Our attorneys have provided advice and represented our clients in all forms of dispute resolution in a variety of insurance coverage matters, including:
- Property damage, business interruption and other first party claims;
- Third party claims under commercial general liability, errors and omissions/professional liability, employment practices liability and directors and officers policies;
- Disability, life, stop loss, long term care, sports disability and ERISA-related claims;
- Unfair claims handling, health care, managed care, extra contractual liability and bad faith claims; and
- Excess/umbrella insurance and reinsurance claims, including representation of reinsurance brokers and ceding insurers in reinsurance litigation and arbitrations.
We have also counseled many clients on important insurance issues, including duty to defend, reservation of rights, risk management programs and strategies; transfer of risk through insurance and other contractual provisions; mergers, acquisitions and public offerings; market conduct examinations and other regulatory or enforcement matters, as well as the formation of insurance captives.
Based on our experience, it is essential to assess potential coverage issues at the earliest possible stage in order to avoid waiver or any compromise of rights under insurance policies, and position our clients to take full advantage of the terms of the policies. Our lawyers are skilled in providing critically important counseling at the outset of any potential coverage situation to ensure our clients' rights are fully protected.
Whatever the scope of your insurance-related issues may be, Dorsey's Insurance attorneys have the skill and experience to represent effectively your interests in this complex and specialized area of the law.