Our Hong Kong office serves both U.S. and foreign clients that conduct business in China, Hong Kong or other Asian locations, as well as Chinese and other Asian clients that conduct business in the United States or Asia.
Dorsey & Whitney’s Hong Kong lawyers have a broad range of experience in foreign direct investment, mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance and securities, commercial contracts, intellectual property, telecommunications and e-commerce, project finance, international trade and commercial arbitration and litigation. Resident lawyers also have expertise in regulations affecting international investment, financing and trade, establishment and strategic planning of foreign branches and subsidiaries of U.S. companies and international licensing.
Our office is staffed with attorneys qualified in Hong Kong, the U.S. and other jurisdictions, and includes attorneys fluent in major Chinese dialects.
Lawyers in our Hong Kong office work closely with those in our Shanghai office and combined form an integral part of our Asia-Pacific Practice Group, which also includes lawyers form across the Firm.
- Capital Markets
- Corporate and Securities Law
- Corporate Governance and Compliance
- Private Equity and Funds
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- International Arbitration and Litigation
- International Trade
- Labor and Employment
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Patent Prosecution, Portfolio Strategy and Management
- Trademark, Copyright, Advertising and Brand Management
- Venture Capital and Emerging Companies
- China – Mainland
- Hong Kong
- Biotech / Pharmaceutical / Medical Devices
- Data and Computer Technology
- Financial Services
- Mining and Natural Resources