Clients count on Dorsey for advice on a broad range of compliance issues including credit, debit and stored value cards; payment systems; product development; financing products; regulatory and enforcement actions; restrictions on sales of securities; mutual funds; insurance; and commodities. Federal and state restrictions have grown beyond traditional banking, broker-dealer, investment company, investment adviser and other requirements and now include anti-money laundering, anti-terrorism, privacy and other objectives that are broad in scope and expanding.
We represent clients in matters governed by a host of regulatory bodies:
- Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
- U.S. Treasury Department (including the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, the Office of Foreign Assets Control and the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network)
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
- Securities and Exchange Commission
- New York Stock Exchange
- State banking, insurance and securities regulators
- Federal and state courts across the United States
Dorsey’s Financial Services Regulatory Group consists of more than 20 lawyers with deep experience in regulatory issues. Located in many offices of the firm – with the largest concentrations in the Minneapolis, New York and Salt Lake City offices – group members advise clients across the U.S. In addition, these attorneys work in consultation with colleagues in Antitrust, Banking, Corporate, Tax, Trial and other specialties to deliver efficient and effective service to clients.