Dorsey & Whitney’s European practice is based in London, where the firm offers a range of diverse experience and expertise to international clients with business interests in Europe, as well as European clients active in the United States.
The London office includes English-qualified lawyers and U.S. attorneys, enabling Dorsey to provide clients with an integrated team on cross-border transactions and cases. Dorsey London lawyers include members of the English Bar, simplifying matters for clients who proceed to the English Courts and before the European Commission.
In addition, a number of Dorsey offices in the United States have active Europe-focused practices, which offers European clients support on all aspects of doing business in the United States, including: acquiring or disposing of companies in the United States; capital markets-related transactions including IPOs and listings in Europe and on Wall Street; and advising on U.S. employment rights and on intellectual property issues. Dorsey also represents European clients before U.S. courts and administrative agencies and in affairs involving the U.S. government.
Dorsey’s European and international clients benefit from world-leading corporate law expertise. The firm’s diverse range of practitioners underpins Dorsey’s ability to advise across several jurisdictions. For example, Dorsey was one of the first international firms to recognise the potential of Scandinavia’s thriving capital markets sector. The firm has developed a speciality in advising Scandinavian companies on their entry into the international capital markets, and working with global companies accessing Scandinavian finance.
We assist our European clients with:
- Cross-border mergers, acquisitions, business combinations and other reorganisations
- EU and UK regulatory work including FSA compliance and investigations
- Emerging growth and fundraising including venture capital funding and private placements
- IPOs and other share issues and capital market transactions
- Intellectual property matters including exploiting, protecting and enforcing intellectual property rights
- International arbitration and general commercial litigation including fraud and white collar crime
- Real estate and contentious real estate issues
- Technology licensing, corporate venturing, strategic alliances and research and development contracts
- Construction and engineering
Our European Fraud specialists work alongside Dorsey’s experts in the US to provide a white collar crime investigations service for clients with trans-Atlantic interests. Visit the Anti-Fraud Network website to find specialists across the world who can assist you in the recovery of funds.