Kimton is a partner in the Intellectual Property group at Dorsey & Whitney LLP. Kimton’s practice includes counseling and advising clients on a wide range of Intellectual Property issues, including patent portfolio development and management, licensing, acquisition, participation in standards organizations, and Intellectual Property due diligence.
Kimton provides opinions and advice regarding patentability, infringement and patent validity issues. He also advises clients on establishing internal patent procurement programs, analyzing and protecting competitive market advantages, and international patent prosecution strategies.
Kimton has extensive experience with preparing and prosecuting U.S. and foreign patent applications relating to a broad range of technologies, including electrical, computer, semiconductor, electro-mechanical, software, and medical device technologies.
Kimton has worked with a wide variety of technologies, including:
- Computer memory systems and architecture
- Semiconductor device design, process and fabrication
- Fleet management systems and software
- Fleet scheduling systems and software
- Computer graphics and imaging
- Diagnostic Doppler ultrasound systems