Dorsey Health Strategies LLC, a consultancy founded by Dorsey & Whitney LLP, offers a comprehensive array of business advisory and regulatory services to clients in the health care industry. Our team is experienced in providing solutions to clients facing high-stakes business decisions that can make or break crucial projects. Equally important, we appreciate the impact such decisions may have on an organization from strategic, financial and marketplace perspectives. Dorsey Health Strategies aims to provide the right result at the right time.
Assisting clients with identifying and comprehending existing marketplace realities, and anticipating future developments.
Governance and Management Counsel. Evaluating the strengths and weaknesses of management and boards, and shaping more effective leadership.
Business and Transactional Guidance. Identifying opportunities and optimal deal structures in connection with:
- Facility development projects and other major capital investments
- Equity placements (including securities law compliance)
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Joint ventures (including physician/hospital alignment ventures)
- Alliances and affiliations
Risk Management and Compliance. Assessing risks engendered by the operations and activities of clients, developing approaches to mitigate these risks, and assisting clients in developing and adhering to compliance plans and programs.
- Financial analysis and diligence reviews
- Transaction structuring and negotiation
- "Fair market" valuations
Dorsey Health Strategies routinely advises the following types of clients:
- Multi-hospital systems
- Large independent hospitals/referral centers
- Integrated delivery systems (hospitals with employed physicians)
- Specialty hospitals and surgical facilities (such as ambulatory surgery centers)
- Medical group practices (especially major groups of specialists) "Umbrella" physician organizations (such as IPAs)
- Health insurers (including PPOs and HMOs)
- Medical technology and device companies