After three decades of reform and economic growth, China is today the world’s second largest economy. Dorsey & Whitney has been at the heart of China’s transformation.
Issuers, investors and underwriters draw upon the hybrid set of skills and experiences of our international capital markets team. With our regional focus and international experience, we offer our clients enhanced value-added services in the capital raising process. Our one-firm approach makes us particularly adept at dealing with complex multi-jurisdictional and multi-lingual matters. Our international capital markets practice focuses on the following core areas:
- Initial public offerings (“IPOs”) and listings on the Hong Kong, London and New York stock exchanges
- U.S. and international private placements under Rule 144A/Regulation S
- PIPEs offerings
- Pre-IPO restructuring and financing
- Secondary offerings and listings on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange of companies already listed on major stock exchanges in countries such as Australia and Canada
- Voluntary and involuntary delistings from U.S. stock exchanges and on SEC deregistration for China-based and other Asian companies
Dorsey M&A attorneys in Hong Kong and Shanghai, many of whom are multilingual native or overseas Chinese with local and foreign qualifications, help both Asian and foreign clients navigate the legal and business landscape and complete a full range of M&A transactions, including:
- Global and regional mergers
- Strategic alliances and joint ventures
- Leveraged buyouts and other private equity transactions
- Technology licensing and distributor arrangements
Our extensive experience representing buyers, sellers, investment banks and other advisors gives Dorsey M&A lawyers an in-depth understanding of all aspects of complex cross-border and purely domestic transactions covering a broad range of industries. Further, our China financial services team guides asset managers, banks, insurers and brokers through the morass of Chinese financial services legislation and leverages our relationships of trust with market players and regulatory and industry bodies to help foreign financial institutions to achieve their business objectives in China.
Businesses count on Dorsey to help select, protect and enforce key assets that distinguish them from the competition: intellectual property rights. Our Asia intellectual property team focuses primarily on intellectual property matters in Greater China. Equipped with the relevant technical expertise and industry knowledge, our lawyers provide tailored solutions to multinational corporations in a broad range of industries in relation to acquiring and maintaining intellectual property rights and to implementing intellectual property protection and licensing strategies in China and Hong Kong.
We remain committed to China as it tackles its next stage of growth and development. And we remain committed to assisting our U.S. and international clients make the most of the opportunities China offers.
Recognitions that Dorsey has received include being selected as a Recommended Firm for Dispute Resolution in China by The Legal 500 and being listed in The Asian Lawyer’s 2014 “Asia 50 Global Players: International Firms with Largest Asia-Pacific Presence."