The Anchorage office of Dorsey & Whitney LLP opened in March 1999 with lawyers providing a full range of services in business counseling, commercial litigation and dispute resolution. The firm’s Alaska clients include private and public sector companies based in Alaska, national and international companies conducting business in Alaska, and individuals.
Lawyers in the Anchorage office offer extensive experience in legal areas including bankruptcy, general business and corporate, commercial and general litigation, real estate, labor and employment (management), health care, public utilities, telecommunications, admiralty, natural resources and environmental regulation.
The office serves clients with interests in the following areas, among others:
- Major oil companies
- Retailers, including the grocery, fast food and apparel industries
- Oilfield support companies
- Transportation companies, including airlines, air cargo, trucking and water-borne transport
- Telecommunication providers
- Regulated public utilities
- Financial institutions
- Construction companies and design professionals
- Health care professionals and organizations
- Natural resource developers
- Fishing and fish processing businesses
- Real estate investors
- Alaska Native and Indian law