Our Clean Technology (Cleantech) Industry Group has the privilege of serving hundreds of cleantech companies and investors across the globe, including many of the sector’s most promising early and late stage technology companies. As a result, our group’s industry knowledge and experience spans several cleantech subsectors, including (among others):
- alternative fuels and ethanol production;
- anaerobic digestion and biomass;
- carbon capture and sequestering;
- community and distributed energy generation;
- electric and hybrid vehicles;
- energy efficiency devices and technologies;
- energy infrastructure and transmission management;
- fuel cells and advanced batteries;
- nuclear fuel cycle technologies;
- photovoltaic, concentrated solar and other solar materials and technologies;
- plasma gasification and other waste-to-energy technologies;
- software, sensors and energy control technologies;
- solid-state lighting;
- sustainable agriculture and food systems;
- wastewater treatment technologies;
- wave and tidal technologies; and
- wind technologies.
Our group integrates over 70 lawyers, located across offices in the United States, Canada, Europe and Asia, who practice in a variety of specialty areas, including:
- Venture Capital and Emerging Companies;
- IP Licensing and Patent Procurement and Litigation;
- Project Development;
- Tax Structuring and Credits;
- Corporate Finance (Capital Markets) and Governance;
- Real Estate Acquisition and Plant Construction;
- Energy Regulatory; and
- Mergers and Acquisitions.
This broad array of specialty practices allows our group to offer clients seamless service throughout their life cycle – from assistance with early stage venture financings, intellectual property counseling and patent procurement to mid-stage project financings and later stage capital markets and merger and acquisition transactions.
Every member of our group is passionate about seeing our clients succeed in the global community by enabling more efficient use of natural resources or reducing the ecological impact of the production or delivery of goods and services.
For more information about our Clean Technology Industry Group, please contact the group's leader, Andy Brown.